Managing Difficult Conversations Online
Nobody wants to have a difficult conversation! Having a difficult conversation, by its nature, is about discussing something that can be quite unsettling, upsetting or unexpected and requires great empathy and skill. Adding in the requirement of having this kind of conversation in a virtual environment can make it even more daunting.
The good news is that, while nobody wants to have this type of conversation, it’s possible to have it in a way that reduces the amount of stress around it for both parties, succeeds in achieving the best possible outcome in the circumstances and, most importantly, maintains a good relationship between the parties involved.
What you will learn
Managing Difficult Conversation Online is a modular based training programme that provides you with a step-by-step process for managing difficult conversations in a virtual environment. In this course you will learn how to:
- Overcome your own personal challenges in having difficult conversations
- Prepare for challenging conversations to get best results
- Adapt your communication style to achieve relevant goals
- Conduct a difficult conversation in a way that builds trust
- Skilfully manage the different stages of the conversation
- Manage conversation dynamics and keep difficult conversations on track
- Diffuse stress and prevent conflict from escalating
How we do it
Using a systematic approach, each module develops in a way that increases your confidence and competence in managing difficult conversations in an online environment, with practical tasks and support in between modules to enable you to experience the learning and develop the skills as you go.